Monday, October 19, 2015

10/19/15 Daily Art Journal Practice: The Next Step

Life kind of happens. Right when I thought things were back to normal at work, things take a sharp right turn. No time for Art Journaling on Friday because I needed to be at work at 5am... and had to work on Saturday. Sunday I did a whole lot of nothing...

 

So today, I get back to my Art Journaling. I immediately grab my water soluble oil pastels. These seem to be my go to way to better incorporate my collage element into the page. Normally I use it to put a shadow... using a dark color. Today I decided to use bright colors. I first colored in light blue around the blue elements, then colored around the pink flowers with a metallic rose color. Then I grabbed my silver and colored around the black and white elements. I also added some silver around the window frame and the Window Woman.

 

I used my finger to smudge in the color. But I wanted it to be more subtle, so I grabbed a partially dried out baby wipe and smoothed out the color some more.

 

That's all the time I have. Happy Monday everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment