Saturday, September 26, 2015

9/26/15 Making an Art Journal Page: My Daily Art Journal Practice

It's Saturday and I have lots of studying to do... so my art journaling time is shorter than I would like. I am still working on the exercise from the online class I am taking: Lisa Congdon's More Sketchbook Explorations. Lisa showed us how to draw some vines and leafy things. I was able to start but didn't get very far. I used a micro point pen initially but changed out to a thicker lined pen. Since the background is so bright and saturated with color, a thicker black line makes seeing the design easier (if I had been able to make a lighter, less saturated background, I am sure the micro tip would have been fine.) I went over the first vine toward the bottom but didn't have time to finish up going back over the top with a thicker line... maybe tomorrow.

This is very much NOT my normal art journal style. But I am glad I decided to try out what I learned from class. The background is an interesting technique that I could vary a lot of ways... and its super simple. And I am always ready to learn more graphic designs to doodle on a page!

Happy Saturday all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment