Friday, September 25, 2015

9/25/15 How to Make an Art Journal Page: My Art Journaling Practice

I have started taking a class on Creativebug.com. It is Lisa Congdon's new class More Sketchbook Exploration. I just love Lisa's classes and this one is no exception. She makes graphic art look effortless and fun. Today's page is inspired by More Sketchbook Exploration part one. I start by making a background with crayola markers. In her class, Lisa Congdon used Koi watercolor brush pens. I know they would have made the background look more painterly and flow together more easily... but sadly I didn't have any. So I pulled out the only markers I had. While Lisa picked a nice palatte of light blues, corals, grays and oranges... I ended up using what I had. My colors were much brighter being standard Crayola colors. Still, I did my best to make a cool, colorful background.

What do you think? Hope you have a great Friday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment