Friday, September 4, 2015

Spilling with Gratitude

I haven't blogged in a while and one of my kind readers suggested starting to gratitude journal to see if that would help me get back on my blogging track. Good advise. So I added a Gratitude practice to my day.


It was a simple practice. Listing a few of the things I am grateful for everyday. It helped me focus on what is right and good and not what was wrong and bad (what we tend to focus on as human beings)

Out of the blue I found the website: www.projectgroovy.com by Ryan Phillips. Guess what, it was a site all about gratitude. He suggests a daily practice that helps you focus a bit more on the positive than a simple gratitude list. You can use a template and Evernote app to make the practice super easy. The questions are all ready for you to fill out every day. Or, of course, you can write about the questions daily in a written journal. I have decided to try out using Evernote but I may decide to use a written journal, I am just unsure. Either way, it is a quick, easy practice that I think will make a big difference if I stick with it and continue to practice every day.

As for blogging, I have decided to throw away all my goals about that (to be addressed in another blog post soon) and just enjoy the process. Practice the practice. I will write everyday as practice. If a blog post comes of the writing, GREAT! If not, no worries. I am throwing out all the strict rules I set out for myself originally... tossing out the goals, the stats, the worries about having the right kind of site, that I have to, have to, have to blog at the very least once a week... I am chucking all of that! Instead I am going to write and journal... and come up with blog posts because I came up with them... not because I had to force myself to do it.

Do you have a gratitude practice? What kind? How do you like it? If not, do you think it might be something to try out as part of your spilling process? Please let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment