Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Junk Journal Update

I promised an update of my Junk Journal. It took me so long because I really didn't like how the cover came out. The papers I chose, maroon and purple zebra stripes and light purple and maroon leopard spots, looked good until I glued it to my journal. Once I did it just looked so dark and uninviting. The leopard accent paper wasn't so bad but there wasn't enough of it. Yuck.

 

Adding clear glitter glue on the dark patterns just made bad worse. Somehow the glue turned the dark maroon color an aweful green. Yes, I double checked, the glitter glue was clear. I could have added more of something or paint over it and try again but I was afraid of making it even worse. So in instances where I am not satisfied with how a project came out, I just set it aside, wait a bit then re-evaluate.

So, here it is. I really like the ribbons and bows.

 

Inside, I added scrapbook paper, used ink pad and crumpled the paper page, and then to fill in the rest of the pages I used acrylic paint and applied with a credit card. What is nice about the paint/card technique is that you end up applying only a very thin amount of paint that dries quickly. I painted all the pages in two sittings. I tried hard to have my two page spreads have similar colors so that both pages kind of go together.

 

 

Truthfully, I have not even started filling it yet. Not sure why. Probably because I have moved on to some other projects. The truth is I have more than plenty of junk to add to my Junk Journal... I just need to set aside some time to put it in! Once I do, I will do another update.

Have you made a Junk Journal? How did you make it? What was your favorite ways to decorate the pages? What have you put in it? What is your favorite part of your Junk Journal?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment