Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Art Journal Practice, Making an Art Journal Page Day 4

 

 

Today started with me looking at this page and deciding what to do next.

I love the idea of the yellow stenciled feathers but they blend a little too much into the page. I pulled out my yellow acrylic paint and painted over the feathers so that they were a little more opaque. I also outlined them with a black brush pen, so they would be a bit more distinct on the page.

 

I used water soluable oil pastels to outline some of the individual images. I used gray for the purse, brick red for the gray tree elements, and a slate gray for the red and white bits. I rubbed them in to blur the line so it looked more like a shadow. This really helps integrate the bits into the page but I think it makes them look more artful.

Here is a section that I just scribbled on red water soluable oil pastels.

Then I smudged it in...

Here is how today looks after my practice. See you tomorrow!

 

Thats all the time I have. Tomorrow I will probably to some more work on the gray shadow on the purse to blend it a bit more. I might add some glitter or shine somehow. If I have time I might finish up with a bit of journaling. We will see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment