Saturday, September 19, 2015

9/19/15 Making a Journal Page, The Process


 

I added some lettering. Mainly to remind myself what was going on during the week when I was working on this art journal spread. (The funny thing is, whether I had added the lettering or not, the images would more than remind me of what had happened - images have a way of doing that.) I also took my water soluable oil pastel in purple to shadow the wreath a bit. I added a few little white dots with my white pen. I would have added more white dots but my pen was having trouble writing on the glossy magazine page image. If I had used matte medium and covered over the top of the images I probably wouldn't have had this trouble... but I didn't. I used a glue stick. The advantage of gluing just the back of the image with a glue stick is that it is far less likely to wrinkle. The funny thing is, if I have the time, I really like using matte medium to glue down the images and to cover the top of them. I really like that the matte medium combines the papers all together so that there are no loose edges to come up over time.

This image is a bit warped. I didn't realize that when I add pics the blog automatically adjusts them to fit whatever standards they have for pictures.

 

This is how the spread came out. At least for now. Later, maybe in a few days or maybe in a few months, I may come back and add to it.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment